Edinburgh City Libraries' Edge Conference to take place from 27-28th February 2020.
by Rebecca Raeburn
City of Literature Trust
12 February 2020
Hosted by Edinburgh City Libraries, the Edge Conference is an opportunity to share good practice and discuss future developments in library services.
The Edge Conference brings together change managers, leaders in information services, shared services, engagement, and regeneration, to share and develop best practice in library services from around the world.
The key aims of the Edge conference are:
– To make businesses and services edgier, smarter, more creative and cost effective in a world that is being transformed by digital and social technologies
– To learn how libraries and information are delivering regeneration, eGovernment, learning and digital inclusion
– To hear the latest ideas, share success stories, hear best practices and meet colleagues from across the country and around the world
– To open a platform for discussion on the future of service delivery in libraries and information
– To offer a platform for new innovations and technologies
This year's programme covers a range of interesting topics: from 'Makerspaces in the National Library of Lithuania', to 'Transforming Public Library Service for the 21st Century'; from talking digital data, to exploring the potential of virtual reality in libraries. There is plenty to discuss and learn across the two days.
You can find out more about the Edge Conference, its programme, and booking your tickets over on their website.
Edinburgh City Libraries
There are currently 28 public libraries in Edinburgh, as well as a mobile library service which offers a window to the full range of library services. The city's libraries are a fantastic resource, providing access to a variety of titles, free e-book services, online courses, reading sessions for under fives, Macmillan Cancer Support, book groups, and much more. You can find out more about the fantastic services offered by Edinburgh's libraries and how to join on the website.